On Monday, November 30 from 9 to 11am, the BC Lung Association held its Annual Radon Workshop (this year a webinar). Watch a ZOOM recording of our 2020 webinar here.
A yearly event mobilizing Canadian stakeholders to address action needed to eliminate radon, the leading cause of lung cancer after smoking. Below find a listing of the topics and presenters who participated in our 2020 event.
Radon Webinar 2020 Topics & Presenters
- Taking the Long View: Where We have Been and Where We Need to be Going, Dr. Elena MacIntyre, Public Health Ontario
- Health Canada’s National Radon Program, Ms. Kelley Bush, Health Canada
- The Right to a Healthy Environment and Developing Municipal and Provincial Strategies, Dr. Noah Quastel, BC Lung Association
- BC Mapping Initiatives, Mr. Jeff Trieu, BC Centre for Disease Control
- Library Lending Project, Ms. Maureen Sioson, BC Lung Association
- 100 Test Kit Challenge - Lessons Learned, Ms. Nancy Mora-Castro, Regional District of Central Okanagan
- What is Going on in Castlegar? Mr. Dana Schmidt, Donna Schmidt Lung Cancer Prevention Society
- Public Health Initiatives to Protect Workers, Mr. Greg Baytalan, Interior Health Authority
- What's Next?/Summary, Dr. Anne-Marie Nicol, Simon Fraser University
Questions? Contact Dr. Menn Biagtan, VP Health Programs & Initiatives, BC Lung Association at firstname.lastname@example.org