The purpose of these guidelines is to accommodate the broadest range of self-expression while ensuring that all members in the group are respected and able to interact safely and enjoyably online. We’re committed to the rules and hope that you are, too. Failing to respect them may result in deleted content and expulsion from the group.
*Please note that posts by members of the Facebook group may not reflect views held by the British Columbia Lung Association.
This is a closed group. What does that mean?
Entry must be authorized by one of the moderators and, once in, members must manage their own personal security settings on their own personal accounts. A closed Facebook group means the group may show up as one that you belong to on your own Facebook page but nothing that you post is shared (the only people that can see or read what you post are also members of this group. However, if you have a friend, colleague or family member that is also a member of this group, they will be able to read what you post or any conversations that you participate in.) Non-members cannot see or read any of our exchanges. In other words, whatever you share in this Facebook group is private and only seen by other members of the group.
1. PURPOSE: The purpose of the Better Breathers: Facing COPD online community is to share patient experiences, provide support and learn more about COPD. When seeking medical advice, please consult your healthcare provider.
2. MEMBER PRIVACY: Please respect the privacy of group members as well as the confidentiality of any information discussed in the group as well as the nature of direct messages. Screenshots of private conversations should not be shared with the group at anytime.
3. MEMBER RESPECT: No bullying and discrimination of any kind will be tolerated. All posts and conversations must be respectful and tolerant of diversity in personal experiences, ethnicities, sexual orientation, religious and political opinions. Bullying and discrimination are grounds for group removal.
4. INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT: Sale or advertisement of any products, fundraising, corporate ads or multilevel marketing are prohibited.
5. MEMBER POST AND/OR MEMBER REMOVAL: When content posted or shared is in violation of community guidelines, a group administrator will alert the member via direct message. Members who repeatedly violate policies will be removed.
6. GROUP MONITORING: This group is monitored weekdays from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Group administrators do not monitor activity in the evenings, on weekends, during holidays, or other scheduled closures of the BC Lung Association office. If you have concerns of urgent medical nature, please contact your healthcare provider.
7. DISCLAIMER: The statements, views and opinions contained on these pages and discussion boards are those of individual members and are not endorsed by, nor do they necessarily reflect, the opinions of the group, its administrators or the BC Lung Association. The Better Breathers: Facing COPD group is not affiliated with any political parties and the moderating team does not endorse, support or oppose political candidates.
Help us take care of our Better Breathers: Facing COPD Facebook Group
If you see something that you think violates these guidelines, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. We’ll analyze the post as soon as possible and take the necessary measures. You may also find content on the groups that you do not agree with but does not violate our Community Guidelines. In this case, you can unfollow or block the member who posted it, so you won’t see their comments anymore.
Thank you for your support and please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to make our Better Breathers: Facing COPD community even better.