The purpose of these guidelines is to accommodate the broadest range of self-expression while ensuring that all members in the group are respected and able to interact safely and enjoyably online. We’re committed to the rules and hope that you are, too. Failing to respect them may result in deleted content and expulsion from the group.
*Please note that posts by members of the Facebook group may not reflect views held by the British Columbia Lung Association.
This is a closed group. What does that mean?
Entry must be authorized by one of the moderators and, once in, members must manage their own personal security settings on their own personal accounts. A closed Facebook group means the group may show up as one that you belong to on your own Facebook page but nothing that you post is shared (the only people that can see or read what you post are also members of this group. However, if you have a friend, colleague or family member that is also a member of this group, they will be able to read what you post or any conversations that you participate in.) Non-members cannot see or read any of our exchanges. In other words, whatever you share in this Facebook group is private and only seen by other members of the group.
1. This group is for patient experiences and support. When seeking medical advice, please consult your family doctor or healthcare specialist.
2. This group is not monitored in the evenings, on the weekends, or during holidays.
3. If your question or request is urgent or time sensitive, please contact your doctor.
4. Repetitive posts or posts with false information, medical advice, advertising, fundraising or any kind of offensive content will be deleted.
5. We want to foster a positive community where everyone feels welcome. That is why all posts and conversations must be respectful and tolerant of diversity in personal experiences, ethnicities, sexual orientation, religious and political opinions. Members who fail to respect this guideline will be immediately expelled from the group.
6. Please respect the privacy of all Better Breathers: Facing COPD members as well as the confidentiality of any information discussed in the group.
Help us take care of our Better Breathers: Facing COPD Facebook Group
If you see something that you think violates these guidelines, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. We’ll analyze the post as soon as possible and take the necessary measures. You may also find content on the groups that you do not agree with but does not violate our Community Guidelines. In this case, you can unfollow or block the member who posted it, so you won’t see their comments anymore.
Thank you for your support and please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to make our Better Breathers: Facing COPD community even better.